Monthly Acquisition Plan
Build your gold and silver holding a little at a time.
As of November 2012 the MAP minimum order amount has changed to $300. Please click here for a full explanation.
Franklin Sanders began offering the Monthly Acquisition Plan in 1981 with the understanding that many cannot afford to drop thousands of dollars into gold and silver at once. This program offers you a way to invest just a little each month (or every few months), as your budget allows.
Please read this entire page carefully. If you don’t understand anything, just ask us.
How it works
- On the first of the month, we will send you a reminder. If you want to invest that month, simply fill out the reminder and mail it to us, with whatever amount you want to invest, by the 15th. Your payment must reach us by the 15th. If we don’t receive a payment from you by the 15th, we will assume you don’t want to participate that month. If your payment reaches us after the 15th, we will apply your order to the next month’s MAP order.
- On the 15th of the month, we will execute your order at the market price. We pool all of the MAP orders so that you receive a lower commission rate.
- We will ship your coins by USPS registered mail with postal insurance within four weeks from the day we enter the MAP order, i.e., by the 15th of the following month. We will deduct postage from your investment amount—$20.00 per order valued under $500.00, $22.50 for values between $500 and $1,000, $25 for values $1,000 to $2,000, and $35 for orders valued over $2,000.
How To Enroll
- Download the MAP agreement and enrollment form.
- Print it, fill it out, and mail it to the address at the top of the first page.
How to fill out your reminder and enter AN order
- Determine the amount of money you want to invest this particular month, if anything. You do not have to order each month, but for any month in which you do want to place an order, the minimum order is $300. There is no maximum. Please keep your order(s) in steps of $50, e.g., $350, $400, $450, etc. You may increase or decrease your monthly investment at any time.
- Specify an investment in gold, silver or both. If you specify gold, we will choose the least expensive gold coins available and put the balance into US 90% silver coins. (Sorry, we cannot carry balances over from month to month, nor can we accept requests for specific gold coins.) The gold coins we select may not be American coins, but they will be liquid, easily tradeable, well-known coins. If you specify silver, we will buy US 90% silver coins. You can specify silver rounds if you prefer. You can also request an investment in both gold and silver. If you do, we’ll split the amount you send and put half in gold coins and half in 90% silver coins. Please do not specify the percentage of split.
How to Pay
- For the first three months, we require payment by U.S. Postal Service (only) money order.
- After three months, you may pay by personal check.
- If your personal check is returned for insufficient funds, we will automatically cancel your membership.
Very Important Tidbits
- When you enroll in the MAP and order from us, you will send money to us and we will actually ship gold and silver coins to you each and every time you order. Sorry, we cannot hold any orders or store coins.
- By joining the MAP, you do not obligate yourself to buy anything from us, ever. When you send in the form with the $12 yearly fee, you merely obligate yourself to receive a reminder from us each month. When and how often you actually order is entirely up to you.
- We guarantee the authenticity and safe delivery of every coin we sell.
- The yearly membership fee is $12. If your membership has expired and you enter an order, we will subtract the yearly fee from that order.
- Our accepting Federal Reserve notes in exchange for gold and silver money is a function of our common law "moneychanging" only, and is not an admission on our part, by implication or construction, that we recognize Federal Reserve notes as lawful or constitutional money. The expression of the "price" in Federal Reserve notes is for your convenience only. What we actually do is buy your "obligations" (Federal Reserve notes, 12 USC 411) and pay for them with gold and silver money.
- Sorry, we cannot ship to or deliver in the state of Tennessee.
- We reserve the right to cancel or change this program at any time on thirty days’ notice.