Markets are still hanging fire, floating on waves of indecision. That won't last.
Stocks keep eroding little by little. Dow Industrials average hit its 20 day moving average today, but managed to close above it at 18,404.51, down 27.73 (0.15%). S&P500 is some stronger, but it fell 2.76 (0.13%) to 2,170.84. 20 DMA doesn't lie far below at 2,152.30. MACD indicator for both has turned down. Expect gravity to control the direction of the next big move.
US dollar index rose 25 chiseling basis points (0.27%) to 95.75. That don't change a thing. Dollar index is dancing over its 50 DMA (95.59). If it falls through 95.50, next stop is 93 - 92.50.
Silver & gold advanced, but not decisively. Comex gold rose $2.40 (0.2%) to $1,351.40. Silver gained 15.3£ (0.8%) to 2046.5¢.
Charts show that 4 days ago both metals broke out of consolidations (flags) upward. Today both trod water. Yes, yes, the advances pleased you, but crossed no milestones. Silver needs to break above 2100¢ and gold above $1,377.50 to validate and extend gains already made. Commitments of Traders show very heavy speculator participation. That is hot money, & hot money can get cold feet quickly. But with negative interest rates metastasizing around the globe, and now central banks threatening to throw out Helicopter Money to all & sundry, what will benefit more than silver & gold? Not bonds or stocks.
Gold/Silver ratio in July rallied to mid-month, but never could work up grit nor gumption to climb over the 20 DMA. Now the ratio has turned down again. This is a good sign for silver & gold.
Don't let the apparent calm fool you. Powerful forces are building behind that mask.
The most useful form of silver is US 90% silver dimes, quarters, & halves minted before 1965. Why? They are the smallest self-authenticating form of physical silver. If you ever have to barter, 90% coin is what you want.
I have bought more US 90% silver coin than I want to stock, so I am pricing it to sell, about 65 cents an ounce over spot or $15.100 times face value.
I'll sell minimum lots of $150.00 face value (contains 107.25 oz pure silver) at $15.100 times face value. That's $2,265.00 per lot, plus $35.00 shipping per order, $2,300 total. I have only 16 lots to sell, dimes, quarters, or halves, my choice of denominations.
Check the internet. Cheapest I found 90% was $16,109, & that was if you bought a $1,000 face value bag. I need to sell it, but I'd rather give y'all the break than line some wholesaler's pockets.
First come, first served, and no re-orders at these prices. I will write orders based on the time I receive your e-mail.
Sorry, we will not take orders for less than the minimum shown above.
All sales on a strict "no-nag" basis. We will ship as soon as your check clears, but we allow Two weeks (14 days) for your check to clear. Calls looking for your order two days after we receive your check will be politely and patiently rebuffed. ORDERING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. You may order by e-mail only to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone orders, please. Please do NOT order by replying to THIS email, because it will delay your email.
Your email must include your complete name, address, & phone number. We cannot ship to you without your address. Sorry, we cannot ship outside the United States or to Tennessee.
2. When you buy from us, we cannot later change or cancel the trade. We are giving you our word that we will sell at that price, & you are giving us your word that you will buy at that price, regardless what later happens in the market, up or down.
If you break your word to us, we will never again do business with you.
3. "First come, first-served" means that we will enter the orders in the order that we receive them by e-mail, till supply is exhausted.
4. If your order is filled, we will e-mail you a confirmation. If you do not receive a confirmation, your order was not filled.
5. You must send payment by personal check or bank wire (either one is fine) within 48 hours. It just needs to be in the mail, not in our hands, in 48 hours. Sorry, no credit cards.
7. "No Nag Basis" means that we allow fourteen (14) days for personal checks to clear before we ship.
Want your order faster? Send a bank wire, but that's not required. Once we ship, the post office takes four to fourteen days to get the registered mail package to you. All in all, you'll see your order in about one month if you send a check.
Argentum et aurum comparanda sunt —
Silver and gold must be bought.
— Franklin Sanders, The Moneychanger